Cathey D.'s Benzite scientist in Gene D.'s FATE "Star Trek" campaign
Player Character: “Huli”
Role-Player: Cathey D.
Campaign: “Star Trek: Restoration” space opera
Game Master: Gene D.
Rules systems: Fantastic Adventures in Tabletop Entertainment (FATE), Obsidian Portal, Skype, and the Rolz.org online dice roller
Adventuring party: Crew of the U.S.S. Sacagawea, NCC 598-B (Curiosity-class U.F.P. heavy cruiser)
Aspects (tag for + 2 on skills, plus compels):
- Origin/species: Benzite
- Motivation (alignment): Order (Lawful Neutral)
- Rank: Lieutenant, junior grade
Starfleet division: Science
- Superior officer: Cmdr. Chandra Ramamurthy
- Foible/trouble: Distrusts Romulans
- 1 Great (+4): Science (general)
2 Good (+3):
- Investigation (research)
- Notice (perception, sensing or finding things)
3 Fair (+2):
- Endurance (health, constitution, physical toughness)
- Survival (general and by terrain, such as desert, urban, low-G, or vacuum)
- Systems (operating electronics, ship systems like scanners)
4 Average (+ 1):
- Craft: building or creating things
- History: area knowledge, general research, xenology
- Mechanic: building or repairing devices, gadgets
- Medicine: diagnosing and treating illness, injury
Other skills: Craft, Engineering, Infiltration, Leadership, Linguistics, Perform, Piloting, Psionics, Resolve, Shooting, Sleight of Hand, Stealth, Tactics
- Species stunt: Meticulous (Benzite): With 10 minutes (of “game time”), +2 on Craft, History, Investigation, or Science
- Species stunt: Resist Toxins (Benzite): +2 on Endurance vs. poisons
- Occupational stunt: Generalist (Science): Can apply skill level to any science specialty
- Refresh: 3
- Physical: 4
- Mental: 4
- Consequences: 4
- Gender: Female
Date of birth/age (and human equivalent):
- Date created: May 2020/“1 May 2412 A.D./C.E. (Stardate 889332.7)”
- Date revised: 8 June 2020
- Hair: None
- Complexion: Blue
- Height: ft., in.
- Weight: lb.
- Homeworld: Benzar
- Languages: Federation Standard/neo-English, plus native
- Appearance, mannerisms:
Species wise, as a Benzite, Lt. Huli has two opposable thumbs on each hand. I’m not sure exactly what that means, but I think it means she has an added level of dexterity to be good at mechanical things. Although as a science officer, that’s not her primary responsibility, she does have that ability.
Personality — Lt. Huli’s distrust of Romulans is with good reason. After the Romulans liberated Benzar from the Dominion and Cardassian forces (circa 2374), the Romulans were reluctant to give up full control of Benzar. While they haven’t annexed Benzar, the Romulans are a little “too involved” in what goes on there. Lt. Huli, understandably, has a natural distrust of Romulans; however, being a meticulous and exact person, she strives to fight against this tendency. It can be difficult for her at times.
Personally, Lt. Huli gets homesick at times. She has a tight family unit; both parents and a younger sister. She feels that she must live up to their expectations of her in Starfleet, as very few Benzites have served in Starfleet. She’s moderately ambitious, which is always at odds with her eagerness to please others. Whom should she put first? Herself? Others?