Olivia Sánchez Navarro
Jason E.R.'s Terran human security officer in Gene D.'s FATE "Star Trek" campaign
Player Character: “Olivia Sánchez Navarro”
Role-Player: Jason E.R.
Campaign: “Star Trek: Restoration” space opera
Game Master: Gene D.
Rules systems: Fantastic Adventures in Tabletop Entertainment (FATE), Obsidian Portal, Skype, and the Rolz.org online dice roller
Adventuring party: Crew of the U.S.S. Sacagawea, NCC 598-B (Curiosity-class U.F.P. heavy cruiser)
Aspects (tag for + 2 on skills, plus compels):
- Origin/species: Terran human
- Motivation (alignment): Altruist (Neutral Good)
- Rank: Lieutenant, junior grade
Starfleet division: Security/tactical
- Superior officer: Cmdr. Ressunch
- Foible/trouble: Curious
- 1 Great (+4): Shooting (aiming, firearms, gunnery, ranged weaponry)
2 Good (+3):
- Acrobatics (avoiding attacks, balancing)
- Brawling (hand-to-hand and unarmed combat)
3 Fair (+2):
- Stealth (hiding, sneaking quietly)
- Survival (general and by terrain, such as desert, urban, low-G, or vacuum)
- Tactics (includes strategy, understanding deployment of forces in a conflict)
4 Average (+ 1):
- History (area knowledge, general research, xenology)
- Infiltration (breaking and entering, lock picking, setting or thwarting traps, surveillance)
- Leadership (understanding and using the chain of command)
- Piloting (driving, navigation, steering vehicles)
Other skills: Animal Handling, Craft, Diplomacy, Empathy, Endurance, Engineering, Investigation, Linguistics, Piloting, Psionics, Resolve, Science, Sleight of Hand, Systems
- Species stunt: Adaptable (Terran human): Once per scene, can add +2 to any non-trained skill
- Occupational stunt: Zero-G Experience (Acrobatics): +2 in low-G or weightlessness
- Weapon Master: (Brawling): +2 with any hand-to-hand weapon
- Refresh: 3
- Physical: 4
- Mental: 4
- Consequences: 4
- Weapon: Phaser 3-4
- Gender: Female
Date of birth/age (and human equivalent):
- Date created: May 2020/“1 May 2412 A.D./C.E. (Stardate 889332.7)”
- Date revised: 8 June 2020
- Eyes: Brown
- Hair: Dark brown
- Complexion: Tanned
- Height: 5 ft., 2 in.
- Weight: 125 lb.
- Nationality: Mexican
- Homeworld: Earth
- Languages: Federation Standard/neo-English, plus native
- Appearance, mannerisms:
Olivia Angelica Sanchez Navarro is the youngest of the four daughters (Maria, Bianca, Zulma) of Alberto Sanchez Contreras and Eva Navarro Sandoval. She was born (2384) and raised in Tecate, Baja California, Mexico.
Before joining Starfleet, Olivia was a competitive sports shooter, representing Mexico in the Federation Olympics in phaser events. Her nickname in the athletic world is Angelita or “Little Angel” due to her small height (5’ 2" on a good day). While she enjoys the sense of duty that Starfleet provides and the experiences to satisfy her insatiable curiosity, she wonders whether being so far from home will take its toll on her.
Her father Alberto is a long-term member of the Tecate council ( excelentismo ayuntamiento ). He is a fierce advocate for the indigenous Kumiai peoples in the area. This is where Olivia gets her streak of Altruism.
Her mother Eva is an established painter and art collector. Sandoval’s work has been described as “vivacious, uncomplicated and energetic, as well as being full of extraordinary color.” Basic elements such as movement, space, action and time, all expressed through the human figure, are reflected in her work. A prominent Vulcan art critic wrote that “she explores the concept of time, with long shadows lingering across paintings.”