Geoff C.'s male alien outcast, irrepressible mystic and adrenaline junkie
Character: “Orion Starchaser”
Role-player: Geoff C.
Campaign: Gene D.’s " Vortex " space opera, using Fantastic Adventures in Tabletop Entertainment (FATE) 3e Starblazer Adventures / Mindjammer, Bulldogs, and Limitless Horizons
- Date created: 1 July 2012/“1 February 2195 A.D./C.E. or 0 Terran Galactic Era”
- Date revised: 17 April 2013/“1 August 2195 A.D./C.E. or 1 Terran Galactic Era”
Species: Pomuyan (blue-furred humanoid extraterrestrial)
Home System Pomuya — brown dwarf/gas giant surrounded by five moons
- High concept: Young mystic
- Foibles: Irrepressible
- Starting out: Exceptional psi
- Sidetracked: Outcast
- Guest star: Exasperated mentor
- Motivation: Adrenaline junkie
- Adventuring: Vegetarian (species)
- Apex skill, +5: Psionics
- Great Skill, +4: Athletics
- Great Skill, +4: Resolve
- Good skill, +3: Endurance
- Good skill, +3: Mysteries (alien mysticism, psionics)
- Good skill, +3: Weapons (hand-to-hand)
- Fair skill, +2: Contacting
- Fair skill, +2: Empathy
- Fair skill, +2: Leadership
- Fair skill, +2: Might
- Fair skill, +2: Techno-Psi
- Average Skill, +1: Alertness
- Average Skill, +1: Rapport
- Average Skill, +1: Resources
- Average Skill, +1: Survival
- Average Skill, +1: Stealth
- Average Skill, +1: Trading
- Crystals, psionic amplifiers , similar to Cheyenne stones (+3 to range, effect) from Vatican horde — shared with Enkidu Aristheon
- Fortress of Mind
- Inner Strength
- Powerful Empath (Tranquility)
- Signature Item: plasma swords
- Telekinetic Shield
- Telepathic Link
- Psi Lightning
Refresh/Fate points left: 5
- Health: 7 (5 base +2 endurance)
- Composure: 8 (5 base + 3 Resolve)
- Consequences: Mild (-2) to Moderate (-4), Severe (-6), and Extreme (-8)
Equipment: Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
Prime weapon: Plasma sword
Second weapon: Telekinesis
Ship function: Communications
Other notes: Ragged clothes
- Home system: Pomuya (black hole orbited by brown dwarf)
- Home moon: Miakoda — inhabited by the Namid (Orion’s people)
Language: The Pomuyan people have a single thick strand for a vocal cord. They project their voices in a series of low tones and vibrations that are both required for communication in the Pomuyan language.
Thin blue fur covering their skin. Longer hair extending from their collar bone up their necks over the sides of their face and the top of their head. Slightly different color then their “body fur.” Human shaped hands without finger nails. Standard human facial structure. Thicker torso and arms then a normal human. Five equal-sized webbed toes, thick leathery skin on the bottom of their feet. No visible reproductive organs. Broad flat teeth. Solid blue eyes.
- Mouth: Lower and upper jaw each with a row of broad flat teeth used for grinding and chewing. Salvivary glands respond to consumption of food items, not so much by smell. Relatively thin tongue compared to humans.
- Esophagus: Food is pushed down this by muscle contractions like every terran species in existence.
- Rumen: Three main chambers which consist of a number of sub chambers with bacterial colonies that are responsible for breaking down food along with smooth muscle contractions, long thin papillae movements, and corrosive acids. Food moves from chamber to chamber as it becomes more digested.
- Small intestine: Works like a human’s. The digestive enzymes are more capable of breaking down cellulose and plant matter. Ingested protiens cannot be absorbed but are broken down here.
- Cecum: Large for a species of this size, a final chance to have bacteria break down plant matter and be absorbed into the system.
- Large intestine: Short but highly efficient, absorbs water and broken down bacterial proteins from previous locations in the tract.
- Bladder: Works like a human’s. Both fluid and solid waste are expelled out the anus.
Sense of Taste: The Blue People have five basic tastes like humans with some differences in how they perceive taste.
- Bitterness: Strong, Highly palatable for them. They can perceive more complex flavors within the bitter taste paradigm.
- Saltiness: Weak, The Blue people can taste salt in things but their ability to perceive it is highly diminished. A massive amount of salt for them would be a “subtle” flavor for them.
- Sourness: Human norm. Go figure.
- Savory: Incredibly strong, But it is unpalatable for them. Even small amounts of animal protein make a dish utterly impossible for them to consume.
- Cellulose: Strong, As palatable as Bitter is for them with an equal perception for complexity. Rule of thumb: The easier the cellulose is to break down for them the more palatable it is for them. Example: An orange peel is more palatable then a dandelion which is more palatable then a piece of tree bark.
- Sweetness: The Blue people cannot perceive “Sweet” as part of their taste. Weird.
Non-Player Character contacts:
- Teacher: Vovéstomósanéhe
- Jovian human pirates aboard the Satan’s Strumpet
- Psychic girl, crew of 4.
- Mars temple: Brother Valerius — greeter
- Chan McKenzie: Grad student, bumbling around, thinking about life’s purpose
- Irdana: Ovar otaku — Humans have weird mating rituals
- Joren Erslach: Strange hippie man, likes the hookah
- Trinoid: Collector, Sharer, Processor. Mating process. Ask what they’re drinking
- Slazzik: Trinoid interested in xenobiology efforts. An help Orion get some work working as a freelance contributor to The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. Earth humans shoot at aliens.
- Taka Shimuza: male Martian human scientist
- Asdann Frevel: Gustral;, raptor-like alien with orange fur and moose-like antlers
- Herb Cort: Male Terran human
- Shocho: Virtual mascot of the ruling Tenryu Party
- Barsoom Defense Force: “Earthers Go Home” anti-Earth faction
- Birds: Condor wings, tropical colors, fruit eating bird head (small soft rounded beak)
Crew of the yacht Pina Colada:
- “Capt. Jasmine” [Sara F., primary ]-female Martian Felinoid “Synth” (“Uplifted” tiger), former pit fighter and crewmember of the Appomattox, now captain of the Pina Colada searching for a homeworld for her people
- “Hector Chavez” [Beruk A., primary ]-male Terran human, former spy and crewmember on the Appomattox, cautious engineer and communications expert
- “Chris McKee /Agent Prometheus” [Josh C., primary ]-male Terran human, former assassin for the eugenicists at Black Box Security Co., sniper and seeker aboard the Blackbird and Pina Colada
- “Orion Starchaser” [Geoff C., primary-male Pomuyan (blue telepathic humanoid alien), irrepressible mystic and thrill-seeking galactic hitchhiker
- “Dr. Srinu Pahul” [Byron V.O., primary ]-male Terran “near-human” (genetically modified) xenobiologist, curious and confident planetary patriot; with robots MEGAN and PEPE
- “Lt.Cmdr. Kevin Reese” [Bruce K., primary ]-male Terran “near-human” (cyborg), former Interplanetary Patrol officer and member of the Blackbird and Dauntless crews; defender of the homeworld
- “Chiron” [Dexter V.H., primary ]-male (secretly android) pilot, assigned to assess and protect humanity
Crew of the experimental scout ship Blackbird:
- “Lt. Sebastian Growlick” [Bruce K., secondary ]-male Felinoid “Synth” (“Uplifted” lion), elite soldier and acting commander of the refitted Blackbird
- “Tela” [Sara F., secondary ]-female Tharian (gargoyle-like alien), escapee from the Encegulans (slug-like slavers), fond of humans; engineer with boyfriend Kedar
- “Tariq Asrad Saladin” [Beruk A., secondary ]-male Terran “near-human” (mutant) wanderer with a past, investigator
- “Lord Wallace Tubbington” [Josh C., secondary ]-male Olvar (arboreal, mammal-like alien) swashbuckler and diplomat for the Kharvamid Alliance
- “Brun” [Geoff C., secondary ]-male Martian Ursoid “Synth” (“Uplifted” bear), former wrestler, pilot
- “Sgt. Nathan A. Jessup” [Byron V.O., secondary ]-male Terran human, gung-ho member of the North American Aerospace Marine Corps
- “Enkidu Aristheon” [Dexter V.H., secondary ]-male Seranen (pale empathic humanoid alien) exile, wilderness survival expert curious about Terrans and the Zarkonian threat; with sphinx-like companion Glaucon