Star Trek Restoration notes
Notes for “Star Trek: Restoration,” Gene D.’s telecom space opera scenario, as of March 2014, using D20/FATE hybrid rules (previously FASA/Last Unicorn/Decipher, GURPS 3e Space, and D20 Prime Directive)
“Space, the final frontier. Our starship’s mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life forms and new civilizations, and to boldly go where no one has gone before.”
Attributes: Str, Dex, Con, Int, Wis, Cha; roll 4d6, drop the lowest, and reroll 1s or start with 10s plus 15 points; plus species
Aspects: starting total of 6
- Andorians (aggressive Federation co-founders, with blue skin, white hair, and antennae): +2 Str, -1 Con; Stunts: Ambidexterity, Low-Light Vision, Ultrasonic Hearing
- Bajorans (recent U.F.P. members, formerly enslaved by Cardassians/Dominion): Strong Will (+2 to Mysteries, Resolve)
- Betazoids (honest empaths): + 1 Cha; Cosmopolitan, Mysteries: Psionics (empathy)
- Caitians (friendly felinoids): + 2 Dex, – 1 Con; Acute Senses (+ 2 on Perception), Agile (+ 2 Acrobatics), Low-Light Vision
- Ferengi (short, mercantile former foes): +2 Con, -1 Cha; Cosmopolitan, Legalistic
- Humans (mostly of Terran descent): +2 to any one Attribute at creation; adaptable, corruptible
- Klingons (belligerent, with ridged foreheads, a few now in the U.F.P.): + 2 Str, – 1 Cha; Combat Reflexes (+ 2 on Initiative), High Pain Threshhold, Honorable
- Romulans (cunning Vulcan offshoots, very few in U.F.P.): +2 Str, -1 Cha; Acute Senses, Longevity, Strong Will
- Saurians (reptiles): +2 Str, -2 Wis; High Pain Threshhold
- Tellarites (porcines): +2 Con; Acute Senses, Agile
- Trill (long-lived symbionts): +2 Int, +1 Wis; Longevity
- Vulcans (pointy-eared logical telepaths): +2 Str, +2 Int; Acute Senses, Longevity, Mysteries: Telepathy, Photographic Memory, Temperature Tolerance (heat), Unfazeable
- Occupations (and hit dice, skills required at +3):
- Command (d12): Area Knowledge (U.F.P.), Diplomacy, Leadership, Vehicles (helm), and any 2 from other divisions
- Communications (d6): Diplomacy, Linguistics, Streetwise
- Engineering (d8): Craft, Devices, Engineering (starship)
- Medical (d8): Medicine, Science/Tech (xenobiology), Survival
- Sciences (d6): Craft, Perception, Science/Tech (by specialty)
- Security/tactical (d10; any 3): Acrobatics, Athletics, Brawl, Endurance, Intimidation, Melee, Stealth, Shooting, Warfare
Other aspects: Foibles, Guest Star, Tours of Duty, Motivation
Skills: As per D20 Lvl. 2 — 15 points total
Stunts: From a total refresh of 7; see FATE 3e Starblazer Adventures or Bulldogs, GURPS/D20 Prime Directive, or retro-clone Starships & Spacemen for examples.
- Late 20th to early 21st centuries: Terran nation-states fight “brushfire wars” by proxy; early eugenics and robotics efforts end in disaster; humanity nearly self-destructs.
- 2063: Zephram Cochrane’s faster-than-light experiments lead to open and official First Contact with Vulcans (First Contact, 1996).
- 22nd century: Terrans unite and rebuild, begin colonizing Mars.
- 2151 to 2155: Capt. Jonathan Archer helps found the United Federation of Planets (Enterprise, 2001 to 2005).
- 2156 to 2160: First Earth-Romulan War; Neutral Zone established.
- 2233 to 2259: Alternate timeline splits off (2388/J.J. Abrams’ 2009 Star Trek, 2013 Into Darkness).
- 2245 to 2265: The Constitution class cruiser U.S.S. Enterprise, NCC 1701, under the command of Capt. Robert April and Capt. Christopher Pike.
- 2266 to 2269: The first voyages of the Enterprise under Capt. James T. Kirk in the Alpha and Beta quadrants (original Star Trek television series, 1966 to 1969).
- 2269 to 2270: The remainder of the Enterprise ’s first five-year mission (The Animated Series, 1973 to 1974); journeys of the U.S.S. Eagle, NCC 956 (SUNY-Binghamton, 1988) and Constitution (Virginia, 1993).
- 2273: The V’ger incident (The Motion Picture, 1979).
- 2285 to 2286: The command crew of the refitted Enterprise defeats Khan Noonien Singh and Klingons and goes rogue but saves Earth (The Wrath of Khan, Search for Spock, Voyage Home, 1982 to 1986).
- 2287 to 2293: The NCC 1701-A is retired after several successful missions (The Final Frontier, Undiscovered Country, Generations, 1989 to 1994).
- 2344: The Ambassador class NCC 1701-C, under Capt. Rachael Garrett, is destroyed, leading to renewed peace talks with the Klingons (TNG “Yesterday’s Enterprise”).
- 2364 to 2370: The Galaxy-class U.S.S. Enterprise, NCC 1701-D, conducts diplomacy under Capt. Jean-Luc Picard (The Next Generation, 1987 to 1994).
- 2367: The Borg destroy much of Starfleet at the Battle of Wolf 359.
- 2369 to 2375: The Federation first explores the Gamma Quadrant, deals with the Klingon Civil War and the Dominion War (Deep Space Nine, 1993 to 1999).
- 2371 to 2379: The Sovereign class NCC 1701-E fights the Borg and Remans, among others (Generations, First Contact, Insurrection, Nemesis, 1994 to 2002); the Voyager is stranded in the Delta Quadrant (1995 to 2001); first five-year mission of the Excelsior-class U.S.S. Tempest, NCC 2094-B, under “Capt. Tzu Tien Lung” (Virginia, 1994 to 1997).
- 2380 to 2409: The Alpha and Beta quadrants attempt to rebuild after several core worlds are badly damaged and interstellar states fragment (Titan novels and various fan films).
- 2409 to 2417: Starfleet resumes expansion after another war with the Klingons and Orions, as well as Undine incursions (Star Trek Online MMO, 2010 to present).
- 2418 (Stardate 95248): The refitted Ambassador-class U.S.S. Rotha, NCC 1993-C, begins its first five-year mission of defense, exploration, and diplomacy (2014 D20/FATE scenarios).